About the Centre
The Lewis and Ruth Sherman Centre for Digital Scholarship is located on the first floor of Mills Library at McMaster University. For researchers working on projects in the Centre, it is open and available whenever Mills Library is open.
A generous gift from the Lewis and Ruth Sherman Foundation enabled the Library and University to found the Centre and continues to support its operation. It is an honour to have their name connected with our work as we seek to support an epochal shift in academic research.
The Sherman Centre strives to meet the following objectives:
- To provide a framework of research support for digital scholarship that optimizes library/researcher resource sharing.
- To provision customized and scalable IT infrastructure to support faculty and graduate student research projects in digital humanities/digital scholarship.
- To offer technical support and consulting services for digital scholarship projects, such as programming, data management, and systems administration.
- To promote and develop interdisciplinary digital scholarship networks by providing physical meeting and work spaces.
- To promote and disseminate McMaster University e-research through archival and access initiatives that interface with global e-research partners.